By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® advisor to telephone and pill app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This e-book supplies every little thing you want to commence constructing nice apps speedy and getting them released on Google Play™. The ebook makes use of an app-driven approach–each new know-how is mentioned within the context of 8 totally coded and proven Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll strengthen comprise:
- Welcome App
- Cannon video game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- handle Book
Practical, Example-Rich assurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, topic Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST net Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting a number of reveal Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source records, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photographs, Audio, photos, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising and marketing, In-App advertisements, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail publication at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This ebook
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide telephone industry percentage, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and a couple of billion Android units have been shipped around the globe in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This publication offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the center of the publication is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are offered within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The creation and app attempt drives in the beginning of every bankruptcy express a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is on the market at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this publication have been rigorously designed to introduce you to key Android beneficial properties and APIs. You’ll quick examine every little thing you must begin construction Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the top Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you succeed in bankruptcy 10, you’ll be capable of create your personal apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission strategy, together with importing your apps. You’ll come to a decision no matter if to promote your apps or supply them at no cost, and how you can industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app advertisements, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read Online or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
Take a chew out of Apple's iPhone(tm) good fortune. the total Idiot's Guide(r) to constructing iPhone(tm) Apps is definitely the right advent for aspiring iPhone(tm) app creators, delivering a step by step process exploring the entire instruments and key points of programming utilizing the iPhone(tm) software program improvement package, together with getting the completed product allotted throughout the App shop.
Queueing is a side of recent existence that we come across at each step in our day-by-day actions. no matter if it occurs on the checkout counter within the grocery store or in having access to the net, the elemental phenomenon of queueing arises at any time when a shared facility should be accessed for provider via a ]arge variety of jobs or consumers.
A pragmatic hands-on consultant to procure and learn iOS units with the most recent forensic recommendations and instruments approximately This BookPerform logical, actual, and dossier approach acquisition in addition to jailbreaking the deviceGet accustomed to numerous case stories on diverse forensic toolkits that may be usedA step by step technique with lots of examples to get you familiarized with electronic forensics in iOSWho This ebook Is ForIf you're a electronic forensics examiner day-by-day serious about the purchase and research of cellular units and wish to have a whole assessment of the way to accomplish your paintings on iOS units, this e-book is well for you.
- Android Tablets Made Simple
- How To Do Everything With Your Pocket PC, 2nd Edition
- Intermediate iOS 10 Programming with Swift
- Advanced iOS 4 programming : developing mobile applications for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to Do Everything with Your Dell Axim Handheld
- Building Modular Cloud Apps with OSGi: Practical Modularity with Java in the Cloud Age
Extra resources for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
NFC support and features vary by Android device. NFC can be used for payments (for example, touching your NFCenabled Android device to a payment device on a soda machine), exchanging data such as contacts and pictures, pairing devices and accessories and more. , tablets), such as a redesigned keyboard for more efficient typing, a visually appealing 3D user interface, easier navigation between screens within an app and more. , enabling an app to determine if there are any connected devices such as headphones or a keyboard) • and an animation framework for animating user-interface or graphics objects.
Printing framework Build printing functionality into your apps, including locating available printers over Wi-Fi or the cloud, selecting the paper size and specifying which pages to print. , documents and images) across multiple apps. Create SMS (Short Message Service) or MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) apps using the new SMS provider and APIs. Users can now select their default messaging app. The new framework makes it easier to create transition animations. Record video of your app to create tutorials and marketing materials.
You can reproduce on the emulator most of the Android gestures (Fig. 13) and controls (Fig. 14) using your computer’s keyboard and mouse. The gestures on the emulator are a bit limited, since your computer probably cannot simulate all the Android hardware features. For example, to test GPS apps in the emulator, you’ll need to create files that simulate GPS readings. Also, although you can simulate orientation changes (to portrait or landscape mode), simulating particular accelerometer readings (the accelerometer allows the device to respond to up/down, left/right and forward/backward acceleration) requires features that are not built into the emulator.
Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach by Paul Deitel